Rob, his dissertation adviser and a couple of his birding/blogging colleagues had gone to dinner and we met up with them for dessert--and were introduced to a decadent concoction called almond tacos. Mousse-y vanilla and chocolate cream, chocolate drizzles and berries served in a crisp, sugary almond bark "taco" shell. Drool...
Rob has a little more facial hair now than he did at the Y; otherwise, the years have been kind to us both:
Also for your amusement, this is what happens when the sweet potatoes aren't done roasting when you have to leave to go visiting teaching and you forget to tell your husband to take them out of the oven in another 15 minutes and you come home 3 hours later:
Papas del carbon. They were orange once.
7 comments:
Good thing you had that pan lined with foil! Otherwise you would have had to toss the whole shebang.
I think in religious parlance, we call that a "burnt offering." Perhaps you could offer up a prayer to the gods in conjunction with this culinary sacrifice!
What I have to wonder is this: did Mike not smell something burning? If not, that's kinda scary... And these didn't set off the smoke detectors? Also kinda scary! Perhaps it's time to check the batteries in those puppies!
I think A and JA have you beat on the food blogs this week. ;-)
Mmm, little black things...
When I got home, there wasn't smoke but I could smell a sweet, burnt odor.
I don't know if Mike noticed when things took a turn from the pleasant smell of thyme and roasting potatoes to burnt offering.
Good point about the smoke detectors; I know we took the batteries out of one that was beeping randomly and have yet to replace them.
Sure was a blast seeing you again and hope I can get back sometime next year!
Ditto, Birdchaser! I'm glad we could cross paths again.
those almond tacos sound heavenly! Yum! I'm ready to come to Texas just for a serving of those.
Post a Comment